QUETTA: At least five persons, including four security personnel and a civilian, were killed and three others injured seriously, in a remote control bomb attack on the convoy of Frontier Corps in Mand are close to the Iran border on Sunday.
According to the details, the incident took place in Mand, some 120 km away from the district headquarter of Kech where unknown men attacked the convoy of 54 Mekran Scouts vehicle by planting a roadside bomb on its way.
Official sources said that a convoy of the Frontier Corps was on its way to Mand, a town close to Iran border, targeted through a remote control bomb planted at the roadside.
“Four personnel of Frontier Corps and a civilian killed in the blast,” Bashir Ahmed Bangulzai, Commissioner Mekran Division confirmed, adding that the civilian who was killed in the blast was travelling in the vehicle along with FC personnel which was targeted with remote control bomb.
He said that three soldiers sustained serious injuries who were shifted to Turbat by Helicopter. “One vehicle of the convoy was destroyed completely in the blast another vehicle also damaged,” a senior security officer said. He said that an improved Explosive Device (IED) used for targeting FC convoy.
Four FC soldiers killed were identified as Rehmat Shah, Munir Ahmed, Salahuddin and Rehmatullah. The name of the civilian not known so far, who was killed along with FC men in the explosion. Reinforcement troops of FC reached to the site following the incident and laid cordon in the areas protecting evidence on the spot for further investigations.
No one has claimed responsibility of the attack so far. Official sources said that a search operation launched in the area to trace the attackers. No arrest was reported so far in this regard.
Meanwhile, Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri was quick to condemn the incident soon after it occurred. He reportedly directed the law enforcement agencies to bring the perpetrators of the terror attack to book.