Home / Archives / Chinese couple kidnapped in broad daylight in Quetta

Chinese couple kidnapped in broad daylight in Quetta

QUETTA: Armed men pretending to be policemen in plain clothes kidnapped two Chinese language teachers from Jinnah town, posh locality of Quetta on Wednesday.

However, another Chinese woman managed to escape kidnapping. The kidnappers also tried to abduct her but she run away towards opposite side and save her from being whisked away.

The Balochistan Chief Minister, Nawab Sanaullah Zehri took serious notice of the incident and suspended three senior police officers DSP Jinnah Town and two SHOs of Jinnah Town and Gwalmandi police stations with immediate effect.
Anwarul Haq Kakar, a provincial government spokesperson, said men pretending to be police officers kidnapped the Chinese teachers and wounded a passerby who tried to obstruct the kidnapping.

“A Chinese couple has been kidnapped,” he said, adding that officials had earlier mistaken the wounded passerby for a security guard.

“[The passerby] inquired why they were doing this and they said they were from a law enforcement agency, but when he asked for their identification cards, they shot him,” added Kakar.

Passer-by Muhammad Zahir who got injured said: “I was walking on the road when I saw three men forcing a Chinese woman in a white car and she was refusing and crying, I stopped to observe the situation but they had forced the woman in the car by then and were pushing the man.

“So I rushed to them and asked what they were doing so. One of them said we are from the Crime Branch of the Balochistan Police and we are taking them for investigation and I told them that they should not misbehave with people, and then the driver came out and shot me in my foot,” the 35-year-old said.

Chinese state media confirmed the kidnappings, while Deputy Chief of The Mission in Islamabad Lijian Zhao said the Embassy was working toward their release.

Quetta Capital City Police chief Razzaq Cheema said another Chinese woman narrowly evaded the kidnappers outside a language centre in Jinnah Town. “Armed men took the couple into custody at gunpoint when they were coming out from the centre for a lunch,” Cheema said.

The numbers of Pakistanis studying Mandarin has skyrocketed since 2014, when President Xi  signed off on the vast plans to fund power and road infrastructure.

Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri has asked for an immediate inquiry into the kidnapping. Zehri directed the Balochistan IGP to take immediate steps for an early and safe recovery of the missing Chinese workers.

He further directed that a standard operating procedure (SOP) be designed for ensuring safety and security for all the foreigners working in the province.

Sannan Tareen an eye witness account talking has said that the armed kidnappers came in a GLI 2010 model car to kidnap three Chinese.

“I was standing by the road when the incident took place, the criminals kidnapped one boy and one girl while another girl succeeded in fleeing,” the witness said and added that the crying and screaming lady shouted for help.

“The police officer who came forward to inquire about the incident was not able to communicate in English with the Chinese lady but afterwards she was taken to the police station,” Sannan said.

Heavy contingent of police and personnel of Frontier Corps rushed to the site soon after receiving information about the kidnapping incident and cordoned off the entire Jinnah Town. Senior Police officers have started investigation.
“We are investigating the incident and not in a position to comment on it as it is too early to say anything at this early stage,” DIG Investigation Aitzaz Goraya said. However, he said that evidence had been collected from the crime scene.
It was not known that any security arrangement were made or not at the language centre, where Chinese nationals were teaching the language. However, security of the foreigner including Chinese working in various projects of CPEC and other places has tightened deploying more security personnel.
The Balochistan Chief Minister, Nawan Sanaullah Zehri has taken serious notice of the kidnapping of two Chinese and immediately suspended DSP Jinnah Town Police station and two SHOs of Jinnah town and Gwalmandi for their negligence and not providing security to the Chinese nationals in their respective area. He asked the official concerned to submit report of the kidnapping incident within 24 hours.
He directed the Inspector General Police, Balochistan to provide full security to the all foreigners working in Quetta and other areas of the province. He expressed his anger over the abduction of Chinese nationals.
Nawab Zehri further said that all out efforts should be made for the early and safe recovery of kidnapping Chinese.

Source: bexpress.com.pk

Share on :
Share

About Administrator

Check Also

Shadow of ‘engineering’ hangs over Pakistan election

Political leaders in Balochistan province claim they are being threatened to switch parties, alleging army …

Leave a Reply

'
Share
Share
Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com